Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Late Winter/Spring 2013

Sorry. I'm behind. I'm currently living in a campground with no electricity or internet (I know, a campground without internet. Weird, huh? Wait, you don't think that's weird?). But today the weather started out drippy, and moved straight into 2000% humidity. You can't even see 30 feet through the haze. I'm certainly not climbing today. So I'll add some photos to this barely-taken-care-of blog. If everyone would just get on facebook (Mom), I could just add pictures there.

In all fairness though, I haven't added any pictures on facebook in forever either.

After New Years, I moved back down to Chattanooga until the end of March. It was rainy-er this year than last, which was disappointing, but I suppose it was to be expected. No winter could be as great as the winter 2 years ago. I moved into an apartment with 5 other people. It was a nice apartment, so it was really nice to have a low (but still over my budget) rent.

This was the second winter I lived with Ruth.

Ruth and Craig started dating the summer before, so Craig was down in Chatty with us. 


Rachel was in Chattanooga the winter before, but not our roommate. This year she was, and it was awesome to live with her!

Rachel's friend Bri moved in too. Now, of course, she's MY friend Bri.


And last but not least, Matt Pomfrey (he knew Bri best when he moved in) lived with us for a couple months. Now he lives in the campground with no electricity or internet like I do.


Bri was the only one with a job, so we mostly all just climbed all winter. Except for when it rained. We spent a lot of time at the library, and everyone but me pulled their hair out a lot. Luckily I'm good at not getting bored. Here's some more pictures. Me climbing and hiking with Ruth, Rachel, and Craig.





Of course, Joe came to visit for spring break. He is amazing. He did his first V8 - which is really, really, hard. In 10 years of climbing, I've done 2. And they were easy ones. Joe did his in about 2 hours. Unfair. He visited recently, though, and did his first trad climb. He did just as poorly as I did my first time, if not worse. So. I feel slightly better. I guess. Here he is getting his jump on. The first are two in a series where he ran and jumped off the ground and caught this hold one handed. Then he climbed to  the top of the boulder. The other is a famous route in Alabama. His feet were up on the rock, but they swung off as he jumped for the handhold. Then he held the swing and finished up (but not on this attempt, I don't think).





Maybe I'll do this again soon and catch you all up!
-Stella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are still alive. :)

Heather said...

Hi Stella! Looks like you had a blast! I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question regarding your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!