Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rendezvous and beyond!

In my last post, I mentioned that the Rendezvous was coming up. It was fantastic! NRAC (New River Alliance of Climbers the people who do all the trail maintenance and replace all the unsafe bolts) raised over $30,000. Here's a couple photos taken by professionals (can I even put these in my blog?) to give you the idea of what the Rendezvous is like. I thought I had one with me in it, but I don't know where it went. But here's one of Micah! A lot of the Rendezvous is free beer and dance parties late at night.
but there are other crazy events. This is a picture of crash pad sumo wrestling. The contestants are duct taped into a crashpad, then they go around running into eachother until there's one person left. The winner wins... a crashpad. My friend and yard-mate Adam won easily this year.
There was a race that was a couple miles, but if you chugged a beer afterward, you got seconds taken off your time. I'm pretty sure the green New River shirt wearer is our friend Vince. Everyone who entered got a free pair of running shoes. Woah.
Sunday morning is a free pancake breakfast for everyone. Soo good!
On Saturday from 4-6pm, these local kids stand at a table filled with socks. If you want a pair (for free) all you have to do is whatever they want you to. Make a human pyramid, drink a pickle juice concoction, and scream "I'm awesome!" into a stranger's face are examples.
This is vendor village. Each popup tent represents a different outdoor indurstry brand. You can usually get at least one free thing from each booth.
Dessertapalooza is just what it sounds like. Here's a cake made by one of the strongest local female climbers. That's not a birds' eye view. It's 3D.

Because I didn't have all the pictures in order to begin with, there will be a part II to this post.

No comments: