Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rendezvous and beyond! Part II

After the Rendezvous the spring continued to be awesome (up until yesterday, when one of my campground-mates broke his arm. He got really lucky to have walked away, but he needs surgery later this week. He's trying to keep his spirits up though, and he expects to be back in a month)! I have 3 WOODSians (my college climbing club) friends visit for the Rendezvous and decide to move down here. One of Micah's good friends did as well! We're up to about 20 people at Roger's now. A great group of girls this year too! In fact, it's full-on girl power this year with our weekly ladies of Fayetteville climbing afternoons. So much fun!

Anyway, I've been really into getting good climbing pictures lately. It's a fun change of pace sometimes. Micah and I are thinking about getting a new camera, becuase ours is outdated and not so high quality anymore. Needless to say, most of the pictures below were not taken with our camera. But here's a few I've taken.
Casey top roping Easily Flakey Skervy on a boulder problem project that Micah's been working on (this one was taken with our camera. The colors came out all weird, hence the black and white)
Ruth (probably the most photogenic of all my friends, I have pictures of her in an earlier post as well) on High Times

And some photos I didn't take (some I wasn't even there for, but they ended up on my computer and they were so good I thought I'd share them anyway). Here's Donald on Labor Day
My new frog friend!


Donald, Megan and me at Bridge Buttressthese are the two I wasn't even there for, but they're so good!

And to totally change the subject...

Hanna and Joe graduated! Here's my photo memories of it.
Here are some obligatory garden photos. I hope I'm not overdoing it with all of last years' photos too. Here's from afar to close:



it's been weeded since this photo was taken, but it takes so long to go through it, that it probably looks this messy again.
I planted some peanuts to try out. We may be too cool a climate to get any, but I thought I'd try. They are looking great and flowering, so even of they never produce peanuts, they will have been interesting. See the zig zags in the middle in the foreground? I think those are new leaves. They grow folded up, and when they're big enough, they unfold to become full leaves.
-Stella

1 comment:

Amber said...

yellow peanut flowers! i tried growing p-nutz last year and i believe the flowers were pinkish white-ish. i could be making that up. they did okay in the greenhouse but i started them way too late. got a handful of nuts as a reward. this year i forgot to even start them at all. there is always next year!

looks like y'all have been rocking out down there. i'm a bit jealous. wish i could be there for ladies' climbing afternoons. i need to get my ass up a wall, and soon. also need to buy new shoes.