Friday, February 12, 2010

only a couple pictures

Micah and I decided to chase the warmth down in North Carolina last weekend. It was warmer, and we got one nice day in, but we guessed wrong with our first destination. They had had an ice storm the day before. It made for some interesting hiking. It still snows here everyday. Today, I had to get my car out of our neighborhood to run errands and stuff. It took an hour, Micah pushing, and I broke one of my snow chains in the process. When I tried chains out on my car first, in the desert (sunny, 65 degrees), it didn't occur to me how hard it would be to put them in the snow. You have to fully lay down in the snow, the chains are cold metal, and you can't use gloves, because they require fine motor control. Damn. I'm looking forward to the desert in March!





-Stella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.