Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alpacas!

Hey everyone! We're at the New. At home, I threw my winter mittens into the closet and pulled out the intertube.

When we got here it was snowing.

But it was warm today! I went to a farm near Charleston for an alpaca shearing! I didn't take any pictures, but I made a friend who's a knitter (and a Grandma). She taught me how to knit and e-mailed me the pictures she took immediately! Here they are:



I watched the lady above (I forgot her name already! That's f-ed up) spin some wool. She also taught me how to card wool (it's really hard! I suck at it!). The others are alpacas: the one with its fore-legs up on the fence, just leaning there. A baby alpaca, and a sheared alpaca. Their necks are so scrawny it's amazing they hold up their heads!

I also got a parttime job on a local farm here. I'll get some pictures soon. It's amazing!

bye for now,
-Stella



No comments: