Thursday, January 24, 2008

life has been very laid back

Hello everyone! Here's a brief overview of what's happened since PA:
1. Drove to Chatt. and spent 2 days apartment hunting. The first day led to such great un-success that we all went to bed feeling entirely hopeless (also we were under a pavilion and it was thunderstorming). The second day looked brighter when a landlord called us to report that a lady who had claimed one of his apts. still hadn't contacted him. He said that if she didn't call by 1pm today, we could have it. We went and looked at it, and it was awesome! A split level, where each level was a different room (1st floor: living room. 2nd floor: kitchen. 3rd floor: bedroom, bathroom, closet). 1pm rolled around, and the apt. (well, duplex, actually) became ours. On top of that, we met a guy from the New named Kirk, and he moved in with us, thus lowering the price of our new home. Our neighbor (other half of duplex) is cool too. He's a musician and followed the Grateful Dead for a bit.
2. we spent the first 4 days w/out water
3. As soon as we moved in, it became cold. Not as cold as OH, but highs have been in the 40s mostly, with some days in the 30s. I have been to Rocktown twice, and LRC (Little Rock City) 3 or 4 times. I've actually climbed about twice. Oh, and the gym once. Today, Micah and I are going to hike up to T-Wall to check out the cracks. I've got some projects planned for LRC, but they're all V7 and I still haven't sent a V4 there.
4. I applied to work as a stockboy in an organic foods store, but haven't heard back yet. My next plan is to apply to the TN Aquarium. It's $20 a person to see it, which I'm not paying, so hopefully I can see it for free this way.
5. We haven't taken a single picture yet. I'm not sure why.
6. We now have a library card. It was difficult to obtain, and it still costs money to borrow most items.

That's the overall story. Oh, my friend from Kendall Cliffs, Jared came to visit. He moved to CO then NC, and came down. It was really nice to see someone from OH (originally).

I love and miss you all.
-Stella
PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHERINE!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you are okay and still climbing. Especiall into you new apt. Is it furnished or do you sleep in bags on the floor?? Hope you can land a job soon. It has been below zero for several nights in the chicago area. Glad you are further S. that us. Grandma

Cannon Family said...

Stella, what do you need for your new place? I can send you stuff, left over from Matt and Ben's old apts.

Good luck with your ventures. You are lucky to be able to do this now.
love Auntie

Cannon Family said...

Stella, if you want to see photos of our christmas fun with grandma playing the Wii, check out the blog.

http://cannonfamilyyfriends.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Stella, Uncle Jay told me you had a new information on your blog. I can see by the comments that your extended family is checking in on you. We all love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Stella, Uncle Jay told me you had a new information on your blog. I can see by the comments that your extended family is checking in on you. We all love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I screwed that up - sorry

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see this apt. Hopefully I'll see it during spring break (translation: hopefully I'll finish IS in time, or ever for that matter.)

Colin and I are planning out what to buy for the WOODS trad rack. We're looking to get a #4 - 13 set of nuts, #0.5 - 3 camalots, a gear sling, and maybe some tri-cams because I played with Pete's and thought they were awesome. However, repeats of a couple of the cams (probably #1 & 2) take precedent over those, as do sufficient beaners to rack all that gear. If we're forgetting anything crucial it would be great if you sent me a message and told me I'm an idiot.

Lots of love from the family,

~Ross

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog-spot...wow. My only concern is this: Do you really think it is smart to let some guy you just met, and hardly know, move in with you? You really need to be careful about the choices you are making. Have fun climbing and stay warm. Do you have elect, water and a phone, or are you just living in sleeping bags in the shelter of an unfurnished apt?

Unknown said...

oh and stella, look both ways before you cross the street. don't accept candy from strangers--i know you'll want to, but just say no. take your (flintstone) vitamins every day. and don't forget to eat all your VEGETABLES!

ahahahah.

Anonymous said...

I feel so,... updated! Good thing I found that link to your blog again. It was good to talk to you today, and I promise to try to call when I have spare minutes. My calculus teacher always told us there were campers and climbers, and we had to climb to learn anything. Point is, I'm glad you have a library card, so that when you aren't climbing you can learn and entertain yourselves. That's important! I also suggest starting an idea book. I have one this semester and it's great for writing down crazy inventions and adventures that you can come back to in order to ponder them further. Guess that's all for now. Sounds like you're having fun!